Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Bill Richardson Ad Transcript - "The Big One"


"I'm Bill Richardson.

And because no presidential candidate has yet found the stones, or ovaries, to talk about the terrific downsides of America's casual consumption of the world's natural resources, which is what got us into Iraq in the first place, I'm forced to promise you that I will pull ALL of our troops out of Iraq when I am elected President.

Which is total bullsh*t.

Because Iraq sits on top of 1/3 of the world's proven oil reserves and if you think that Washington's National Security Establishment, or the 98% of Americans who go batsh*t when gasoline prices spike, are going to let some first term President from New Mexico waltz into DC and throw into greater turmoil an area of the world that is of vital national interest to the status quo, well, you've been eating peyote.

If I was telling you the truth I would tell you that there is a better chance of us dropping The Big One on Tehran than there is of American troops coming out of Iraq in the next 10 years.

Speaking of The Big One. I'm hungry.

Let's hop in my campaign car and hit the drive-thru.

I'm Bill Richardson and I approved this message."